Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sabino Saguaros

Sold

This painting was done on a very cloudy,damp and windy day at Sabino Canyon. In the morning I hauled all my gear up trail to get the composition I wanted. After working for about two hours I had what I wanted and started to clean up. As I was talking to a hiker about the painting a huge gust of wind blew my entire set up over, sending mineral spirits all over my work. Frustrated, I packed everything up and headed back down the trail. I set up in a more protected space and tried again with this result. Persistence pays off, especially when it comes to plein air painting!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! And it's so nice to see your new blog. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan. The blogging is new to me, but fun. It's a great way to share what I am doing and get feedback at the same time!

    ReplyDelete