Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Que Bella




















original oil painting
16" X 14"

Remember the alla prima sketch "Roses in Her Hair" that I posted a couple of weeks ago? Well I took a profile photograph of the model that day. I have been working on this one for a couple of days and thought I would post it so that you could compare the difference between a quick study and a more deliberate painting. I don't think this one is done yet; I'm going to set it aside for a while and think about what it needs. Meanwhile, I didn't want you guys to think I had disappeared into a black hole, just going back and forth between the quick studies and longer paintings. I think both approaches have merit, but I am a Gemini and pretty hard to pin down!

3 comments:

  1. Wow wee Hope...this is beautiful. The atmosphere created by the light is perfect and the mood is full of grace. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the finishing touches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Caroline! I need to work on the flowers in her hair and bring up some of the lights. I just got to the point where I felt like I should stop before I made a mess...which is so easy to do. Knowing when to stop is a very important part of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. Your edgework is amazing!

    ReplyDelete