Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Newport Rose Hips

Newport Rose Hips Original 8" X 8" Oil Painting on Gessoboard


























The headlands of Aquidneck Island are covered with wild rose bushes, There aren't many blooms this time of year but the shrubs are laden with rose hips. They are very interesting persimmon shaped fruits with funny little green tails. The red ripe ones are actually tasty and loaded with Vitamin C. I only had an hour to paint one morning, so I decided to give them a shot. While I was cleaning up my brushes, two French speaking gentlemen came up to discuss my painting with me. I may not speak French very well, but it seems they liked the painting. One of the fun things about plien aire painting is how excited people are to come across a painter. I've made some wonderful new friends this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment