Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Roses in Her Hair





















Flowers in Her Hair
12" X 16" Oil on Canvas Panel

So. It's been a while since I've posted. Truly, it's not because I haven't been painting. I have lots and lots of starts but not so many finishes because I have been doing a lot of alla prima figurative and plein air painting and no small still lifes. Now that the summer heat is upon us, I will be spending much more time in the studio finishing those starts and developing new paintings. I am officially renewing my commitment to blogging regularly, but adjusting my goal to a more realistic (for me) three times per week. If I can get up at 4:30am three times a week to run and left weights, I certainly ought to be able to post a new painting three times a week!
I would also like to invite input from everyone on how they use Facebook to promote their artwork and stay connected to other artists. All my art buddies are big fans of Facebook so I guess its time to get in the game! Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Re facebook: Go to my sister's blog www.adeleearnshaw.blogspot.com and her facebook page to see what she has done recently. (Just search facebook for Adele Earnshaw) Also look at the '75 for $75' group. It has been very successful for her. You may have met her in Sedona at the Carol Marine workshop that you and I took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, nice to see you posting something again. I like your portraits a lot. The photographing work is always a challenge for me too. I'm on FB to connect with friends and occasionally use it to direct them to visit my blog but I'm probably missing some keys to using it as an art biz tool. It can be a major time-sucker.

    ReplyDelete