Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Monday, July 18, 2011

Maureen and Elizabeth

Maureen 12"X 9" oil on canvas panel   

Every once in a while someone comes in to my studio that I connect with immediately. Maureen and her husband Dave are two people that I enjoyed from the moment I met them. Back in February they happened upon my studio while taking a weekend escape from the Denver winter. They filled my space with a wonderful energy and made me feel appreciated as an artist. They left with two small paintings and invited me to come to Denver to paint their daughter when I came to Colorado.

Well, I have been hanging out with them for the past two days in their beautiful Denver home. I had the pleasure of painting both Maureen and her daughter, Elizabeth. It was a great adventure to step into their lives for a brief moment and experience what creative and vibrant people they are.

I gotta do this more often!

Elizabeth 12"X9" oil on canvas panel

No comments:

Post a Comment