Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Friday, July 15, 2011

Silverthorne Sunset


Silverthorne Sunset
16" X 8"
oil on canvas panel

In case you hadn't noticed, my blog has been very quiet for months. This has truly been one of the busiest years of my life; packed with painting and travel. Things don't look like they are going to slow down anytime soon, so I have decided that there is no time like the present to start blogging again.

Right now, I am taking a break from the Tucson heat in beautiful Silverthorne,  Colorado. I came to the area at the suggestion of my friend and fellow artist, Joanne Hanson.  Joanne works very hard every year to organize the Continental Divide Land Trust's Wildflower Festival Plein Air event and I had the good fortune to be invited to participate.  It was great fun with wonderful people in a very inspiring landscape.
I will be posting some of my plein air pieces from the event later this week.

Meanwhile, this is my favorite painting so far. We have had rain every afternoon. Last Thursday the skies cleared around 8:00 and I took some reference photos of the glorious sunset. it was over fast, but I got what I needed for the painting. Mount Baldy was lit up with a fantastic orange glow that knocked my socks off. I definitely think I will be coming back!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome painting! What a beautiful spot that must be. Great to see your work once again.

    ReplyDelete