Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Monday, February 18, 2013

Betsy


Betsy 14X11 Original Oil on Panel

Betsy is Jim Anderson's daughter-in-law. She visited the island with her teenage daughter and some friends last weekend. It was fun getting to know her and we found we had more in common that we expected. We spent a lot of time talking about the important relationships in our lives and the adventures of parenting teenagers. It was a collaborative painting; Betsy gave my plenty of great feedback during her sitting and stayed for the entire four hours.

By the time we finished I felt that I had made a new friend. During her sitting, Betsy educated me about the tides and the best times to walk on the beach. Since it was a low tide when we finished,  I gathered up my daughter and grand daughter and headed for Osprey Walk. We had the beach to ourselves, but I noticed a long line of recent foot prints leading toward Capers Inlet. As we neared the East end of the island of course we ran in to Betsy! Big beach, small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment