Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kathi


Kathi 14X11 Original Oil Painting

This is another artist friend who volunteered to sit for me. She very graciously gave up her Saturday afternoon to support my effort. After she left, I took the painting outside to get a photo. The shutter clicked just before the wind picked up and blew it over. Argh! Never pays to be in a hurry. Luckily, I have been down this road before. Usually if a painting is allowed to dry, little bits of debris can be brushed off. Not so lucky this time. The surface of the paint was scratched so I had to do some repainting. The good news is it looked better  after the touch up. Bad news is there was no way I was going to take it back out in the wind for another photo!

I am happy to tell you that I have safely navigated the 2000 mile trip from Tucson, Arizona to Charleston, South Carolina. I am so happy to be out of the car! It may be a few days before I stop walking funny. Tomorrow morning I am meeting with one of the owners at Dewees to set up my studio. Painting starts on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment