Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sole Sister
























Sole Sister 14x11 Original Oil Painting

For those of you who have been following my blog, you may remember the portrait of a young lady named Natalie. This beautiful woman is Natalie's mother, Veronica.

For two years Veronica and two other friends met with me at 6am three times a week to work with our personal trainer, Laurie, at the Tucson Raquet Club. This group became a second family for me. We called each other sole sisters because we sometimes ran together and ran a marathon relay together. When my life got too busy with travel and work to continue, I dropped out of the group but my friends did not drop me. They are patiently waiting for me to come back to work out. I sure hope they don't have to wait too much longer because they look awesome and I gained twenty pounds!

I loved painting Veronica. She naturally assumed such a lovely feminine gesture and never stopped smiling the entire time she posed. She was so obviously interested in the process and brought a wonderful energy to the task. We had a great day together. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment