Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Red Beads
























Red Beads 14" X 11" Original Oil Painting

This painting gets delivered to the client tomorrow morning. I hate to give it up! Maybe I should buy it from her? This lovely woman walked into my Tucson studio after I had started the alla prima portrait project and was fascinated by the opportunity. She scheduled an appointment and came back to sit for me a week later. During out time together, we found out that we had more than a little in common.  Invariably it seems that as I study a person's face, much more than surface topography is revealed.  I loved this woman's directness and self-assurance. Painting the glasses was a bit of a challenge; I had to edit the shadows from the specs to keep from obscuring her beautiful eyes. Stay tuned folks, I am painting her daughter on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment