Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sarah's Feathered Cap Original 14X11 Oil Painting

OK, OK, I know I haven't posted in ages. Life has been really busy but really great. Lots of travel and two new grandchildren keeping me busy.  The wonderful news is that I have a new project that I am very excited about. I have been wanting to get back to alla prima portrait painting for some time. Inspired by Rose Frantzen's "Portrait of Maquoketa" I decided to approach a very unique community in near Charleston, South Carolina with the idea of doing a community portrait. They are intrigued by the idea so I will be spending February on Dewee's Island painting alla prima portraits of the first brave souls to volunteer to sit for me. Meanwhile, I need to get my painting groove on after months of focusing on family and barely lifting a brush. Today, I tested the waters with my first guinea pig, Sarah Hamilton. I am encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Hope--I'm delighted to see you posting again. You haven't lost your touch AT ALL! I love this portrait. The other 2 are great also. How wonderful that you folks around you willing to sit for you. Please keep them coming. Congrats too and the new grandkids!

    ReplyDelete