Hope Cunningham Fine Art

To view more of my work, please visit www.hopecunningham.com

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Emily
























Emily Fairchild 14X11 Original Oil Painting

Today I had the pleasure of working with the delightful 16 year old daughter of Judy and Reggie Fairchild. I think the sitting was a bit of a surprise for her. Her brother was scheduled but had a conflict, so Mom said "Yer up"! She was very generous about sharing her Saturday morning with me. We discovered that we had similar tastes in literature and enjoyed talking about her passion for writing. Emily is fortunate to be attending the magnet school for the arts.

After she had been posing for about and hour, a friend of hers arrived on the ferry to spend the day with her. This delightful young lady is focusing on music at the magnet school for the arts. I had the pleasure of listening to her play piano while both girls sang.

As impressive as their academic achievements are, guess what? Once they sat down in the same room together there was no containing their energy. Forget holding a pose! I took lots of pictures and made color notes; there was no way I was going to have a serenely posing model for four hours. Still, both girls were very interested in the process and delightful to spend time with. I am happy with the result ...lets hope Emily and her Mom are too!


No comments:

Post a Comment